Life Skills Q3

Post A Topic

• 16th

Nov, 2018
    14:07 PM
    11 Comments
    Life Skills Q3

Posted by : Gayathri S Panicker / Posted in : RWS Event 8 / RTR Event 3

What attitudes are positive and useful for your recovery?

Share :

Your comment for
Life Skills Q3

• Hoon 22 Nov, 2018

Not throwing tantrum even if u are unwell. Kindness and forgiving.

• Jacqueline 22 Nov, 2018

(Contd) (e) Courage and Strength: While things that involve others are not within my responsibilities to change, things that involve me are my responsibilities, eg: my recovery, my health, my finance, my skill sets, my fitness, my weight problem and so on. I must be strong to face my problem areas and not blame others for these problems. I must be courageous to step out of my comfort zone to explore ways to solve my own problems.

(Contd) (c) Being grateful: Focus on what I have, how blessed I am. Appreciate things like the peace we enjoy, the convenience of amenities near my neighbourhood, how beautiful the clouds were in the sky etc. (d) Acceptance: Accept myself and my defects of character, my weaknesses and strengths, my talents and my shortcomings. Accept others for what they are, not changing or controlling or trying to fix them. (To be contd)

Q3. I try to adopt some of the following mindsets for my recovery: (a) Patience: When I am at the verge of giving up, I tell myself to take things one day at a time, today is not the day to give up, and to give myself another chance (b) Being positive: I remind myself to be hopeful, others have lost weight before me so I can do it too. Others have recovered from MI before me, so I can do it too. (To be contd)

• Gayathri 20 Nov, 2018

Never give up, keep trying even if your recovery journey is like taking one step forward and 2 steps back. Taking a break or rest when you're tired. Knowing when to take a break. Trying your best. Keeping an open mind and trying to see positivity in every situation

• Bernard Prasobhan 20 Nov, 2018

Q3. My manners kindness, seeing the good in others and myself

• Jun Hong 20 Nov, 2018

The never give up attitude. And to always compete with the old you instead of other people. Keep on improving everyday. Just improve 1% everyday and in 100 days you would have improved 100%.

• Healing Maiden 20 Nov, 2018

Being kind to myself and others. Practise self care

• Xiao Mei 19 Nov, 2018

Positive thought, words leads to positive actions.

• Faith Hsieh 19 Nov, 2018

Attitudes that are positive and useful in my recovery are to be realistic in self-expectation with room for failure, to accept failure as part of learning, to recognize my strengths and not just my flaws, to self-encourage and self-affirm and not self-doubt, to be positive and optimistic about the future and not negatively presumed that the future will always repeat itself as per past negative experiences.

• Teh 16 Nov, 2018

Don't regret, blame ppl.. Make the best of situation.. There's no best solution, when we have moved on from regret, then we can see opportunity.. ( Doreen Virtue, Mo Gawdat, Hope Church.. )

Forum by Category