Medication- Relationship with psychiatrist

Post A Topic

Share :

Your comment for
Medication- Relationship with psychiatrist

• Aliciang 29 Aug, 2018

I will let my psychiatrist know how have I been coping for the past few mths or weeks and check with him how can I further improve my current situation further leading to the tapering of my medication hopefully

• Nimitha 28 Aug, 2018

Nowadays It is very hard to find a good psychiatrist.

• Nicholas Wong 28 Aug, 2018

Be very open about how we are feeling. Taking medication in itself can be quite a stressful situation. Ask all the questions that you have to the Doctor. And trust the doctor to try the medication if all others non medication approaches does not help you now.

• Jacqueline 27 Aug, 2018

Full disclosure of relevant symptoms and psych conditions, Give feedback on side effects, work with doc, follow instructions, don't miss follow up appts

• Jennie 25 Aug, 2018

I think must make the psychiatrist like me n tell her all my questions I encounter . Follow her advice n do accordingly . I must have eye contact n listen attentively to her

(29 Aug, 2018)

I feel it is important to establish good communication and trust with the psychiatrist, so that concerns can be spoken about more openly.

• Gayathri 25 Aug, 2018

By being completely honest and open with them. If a medicine they prescribed you does not seem to fit with you, then let them know instead of just keep going with the flow to see if it might work. And being completely honest with them will really benefit the relationship, as they will be able to know us much better and thus diagnose us correctly and give us medicines accordingly.

(29 Aug, 2018)

I agree, one should be able to be transparent and voice out their concerns openly with the psychiatrist, so that the therapy can be more effective.

Forum by Category