Medication: Effectiveness of medication

Post A Topic

Share :

Your comment for
Medication: Effectiveness of medication

• Aliciang 29 Aug, 2018

Medication has help me to regulate my mood and improve my relationship with my love ones better .But I also believe many times when we are face with challenges, a huge part of it will still need to come from our way of thinking n perception.Its important to be very mindful of our thoughts and emotion n act accordingly to it .Medicine can only help us to a certain extend and the rest gotta depend on ourselves to manage whatever comes along.

• Nimitha 28 Aug, 2018

Yes , for me medication helped me from haunting thoughts.

• Nicholas Wong 28 Aug, 2018

Medication certainly has its role to play in a person's recovery. 5 years ago I was on medication for 6 months to stop my panic attacks. It allows me to learn other coping methods after I got better. Therefore, medication can be effective in helping one to recover. But end of the day, it is a very personal choice so have a open discussion with the doctor.

• Jacqueline 28 Aug, 2018

If I can avoid psych med and recover, I would. During those times I need to rely on meds, they helped me manage the symptoms of depression and anxiety while I work on my coping skills.

• Jennie 25 Aug, 2018

Yes n no . Yes because it helps me to funcction n live live a normal person . No because it has side effects like my hairloss and I hope to reduce my medicine if possible not take at all cos medicine may loose its effect after years of taking

(29 Aug, 2018)

Indeed. The side effects can be very difficult to deal with. It would be very important to weigh the benefits and side effects when it comes to medication and then making the decision if to go for medication.

• Gayathri 25 Aug, 2018

I think it is important to take medication when necessary and only if necessary. Taking medicines unnecessarily will lead to further complications. Therefore it is important to discuss with your psychiatrist about medication. Medicines have helped me to regulate mood swings as well as make me sleep at night, as I have severe mood swings and insomnia.

Forum by Category